Thursday, October 16, 2003



Geese and ganders

NZPundit is screaming about a thread on the Guardian's forums where someone is calling for the assassination of George W. Bush. He's demanding that it be removed from the Guardian's boards. Interestingly, this demand is coming from a person who has himself repeatedly called for the assassination of Yasser Arafat.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If people shouldn't be allowed to advocate assassination, then NZPundit should stop it already. If OTOH he thinks it's acceptable to call for killing people he doesn't like, then he has to extend the same right to others. But I expect he'd rather squeal, say that there is "no comparison", and accuse me of "moral relativity" [sic] again...

(Oh, and as for my view, I treat such nutters with the same level of seriousness as I treat those who think that Bill Clinton belongs in the deepest circle of hell - i.e. none at all.)

0 comments: